Here I have mentioned list of Adobe CF bloggers info. You can get more information on CF 9 & CFB from these blogs.
Entries for month: July 2009
Adobe Dev Summit, 2009 has been announced. The summit is on 4th August, 2009 at Lalit Ashok, Bangalore. You can sign up for a Gold pass, which is absolutely free. You can also sign up for a Platinum pass and get Flex Builder 3 Professional license for free.
What’s in it for you?
- See the new, improved and rocking LiveCycle Data Services 3 in action! If you are a Java developer, you wouldn’t want to miss this one!
- If you are a PHP/Java developer, get on the RIA expressway using the new Data Centric Development features on Adobe Flash Builder 4
- If you’re into enterprise-wide RIA development, things have just got hot! Check out the brand new version of ColdFusion with the sparkling new developer IDE – ColdFusion Builder.
- User Interfaces are a thing of the past now. Build User Experiences of tomorrow with Adobe Flash Catalyst. Quicker than ever!
- Sign up for a Platinum Pass and get the award winning Adobe Flex Builder 3 Professional license worth USD 699 FREE!
Please find more details and register here http://www.endtoend.in/ete2009/adobe/devsummit/mailer.html.
101. What is the difference between cfabort, cfexit, cfbreak
* Used within a cfloop/cfswitch tag used to break out of a loop/switch block.
* Stops the processing of a ColdFusion page at the tag location.
* cfexit returns control to the page that called that custom tag, or in the case of a tag called by another tag, to the calling tag.
* If cfexit is used outside a custom tag, it functions like a cfabort.
102. What is the difference between cfset, cfparam?
CFparm only writes to the variable if the variable does not exist.
CFSet overwrites the variable with a new value regardless of if it exists.
103. How can you implement cfparam into cfscript?
<cfparam name="variableName" default="defaultValue">
variableName = "defaultValue"
104. What is the use of cfcookie expires attribute? What is the default value for the same?
It defines lifetime or scope of a cookie variable.
expires attribute is optional attribute for cfcookie tag.Default value is till the browser is closed.If you didn't mention the expires attribute for an cookie variable it will available upto browser close.
105. What is the difference between cfquery & cfinsert/cfupdate
* Safer for SQL injection attack
* Can do any sql operations
* Designed to do one thing and one thing only
* Only work with FORM fields
* FORM fields be named the same as the table columns
* Cannot do any processing or manipulation of the values
* When updating the row primary key must be present as a FORM field (possibly as a hidden field).
* If you are using CFCs as a database abstraction layer then you can't use cfinsert/cfupdate
106. cfquery/cfstoredproc Which is good for stored proc call?
To execute a stored procedure, you can use either the <cfquery> or <cfstoredproc> tag. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
* simple to use
* Maximum flexibility in terms of creating dynamic sql for the query
* It provides support for multiple record sets returned from a stored procedure, meaning that you can create more than one record set from the same procedure.
* Some variables, such as the status code that is created when the tag is called, are not available through cfquery.
107.What is the use of cfsetting?
This tag used to Control the requested URL's page processing, such as the output of HTML code in pages.It has 3 attributes.
All are optional attributes. you should mention atleast one attribute.Here I will explain a bit about requestTimeOut attribute.Rest two explained for the next question.
This attribute added in ColdFusion MX varsion.
It used to define time limit, after which ColdFusion processes the page as an unresponsive thread.
Overrides the time-out set in the ColdFusion Administrator.
108. Explain about enableCFoutputOnly, showDebugOutput attributes of cfsetting tag
* yes: blocks output of HTML that is outside cfoutput tags.
* no: displays HTML that is outside cfoutput tags.
* yes: if debugging is enabled in the Administrator, displays debugging information.
* no: suppresses debugging information that would otherwise display at the end of the generated page.
I heartily welcome all CF enthusiasts to our first Bangalore CFUG meeting. The Adobe Engineering team will give us brief introduction to the new versions of ColdFusion 9 aka Centaur and ColdFusion Builder.
1. Welcome notes
2. Insight into the latest version of ColdFusion: Centaur (5:30 PM to 7:00 PM) by Manju Kiran, Sr.Lead Software Engineer, Adobe ColdFusion team, Adobe, Bangalore
3. Introduction to Adobe ColdFusion Builder (7:00 PM to 8:00 PM) by Bhakti Pingale, Software Engineer , Adobe ColdFusion and ColdFusion Builder team, Adobe, Bangalore
Date: 9th July 2009
Venue: Adobe India Systems, #5 Salarpuria Infinity, 4th Floor (Cafeteria), Bannerghatta Road
Note: Join Bangalore CF User group to learn and share about Adobe ColdFusion & related technologies. Please mail me if you have any questions: j_saravanamuthu [at] yahoo [dot] com.